Thursday, June 09, 2011

Perks of the job...

Recently I joined a new committee at my job. It is the Reconnect With Reading Action Group. What we do is try to come up with new ways to get people reading. A nice perk is that we also get access to arcs. These are advanced reader's editions put out by the publisher for new books before actually going on sale. Part of our committee work is to read these and then give our feedback/reviews, which then are used to help decide how many copies our library system should purchase. Very cool bonus!

Today I got two new arcs to read. Eoin Colfer's Plugged and Erin Morgenstern's The Night Circus. I started the latter book this afternoon. I love the opening line--"The circus arrives without warning." The whole opening section just pulls you into their world. I can't wait to see where else the story leads me...

No comments:

Clicky Web Analytics