Thursday, April 02, 2015

Boys of Summer...

Or should I say Spring and Summer? It is baseball time again. My time of year. I am not sure when or why it started, but baseball has always been my favorite sport. Even today with both the NFL and NBA probably passing it in popularity with the younger generation I still would rather watch baseball.

One of the big criticisms of baseball is how long the games are and how slow they can be. I do not have a problem with either thing. I like the idea of a game with no clock. Everyone is always in a hurry and wants their life in short bursts before moving on to the next activity. Baseball refuses to play that game. Each team gets three outs an inning and can take as long as they can before moving to the next one. More of life should be like that.

I have never been a cold weather fan. Give me the warm weather all the time. Baseball fits in perfectly here. I love the idea of sitting outside on a warm day with a cold beer and watching or listening to a game. You will never catch me freezing outside at a football game. I never have and I never will. I will admit to some fond memories of playing football in the cold weather. That is a whole different story.

Sunday is the start of the new MLB season. The time when we all are in first place and can dream about this being the year our favorite team finally wins the World Series. My team is the Cleveland Indians. They have two World Series Championships in their history. Both Long before I was born. They have three other appearances in the series which the lost. Two of those were when I was able to watch. I still have not got over the 1997 loss in Game 7. We have a good team this year. We also are in a division with three other good teams all of which can easily win our division. We have a long way to go before we know who will end up on top. For right now we are in first place and the dream of a championship is still a possibility. Maybe this could really be our year...

No comments:

Clicky Web Analytics