Monday, December 15, 2014

Last American Vampire by Seth Grahame-Smith

Let me start by saying I did not read the first book so do not know how this one compares. This was a tough book for me to finish. I would get frustrated with the book and kept taking breaks from it to read other things. We meet a LOT of real life people in the book. At first it is fun to see how the characters interact with them. There does come a point where enough is enough and I just didn't enjoy it anymore. History buffs will like how the author takes real world events and puts a different spin on why they happened the way the did. Again, I hit a point where I was like really another one? This book made me realize I am not a fan of books that cover such a long time period. In this case it felt like the author was just checking off real life events and kept skimming along to get to the next one. I would have rather focused on a shorter time period and had more story.

No comments:

Clicky Web Analytics