Monday, August 01, 2011

The Sisters Brothers by Patrick deWitt


I finished this book today. Normally I am not a fan of Western books although I love Western movies. Not sure why I enjoy one style and not the other. This book though might change my mind.

Told from the viewpoint of Eli we follow him and his brother Charlie as they embark on another mission from the Commodore. The famous Sisters Brothers are cold blooded killers who do not let anything stop them from completely the job. This job though just might change everything as Eli starts to question his commitment to the Commodore and the lifestyle he leads.

For fans of Westerns and Literary Fiction.

postscript:I forgot to add that this book has also been recently long listed for the 2011 Man Booker Prize

No comments:

Clicky Web Analytics